Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hachimangu Shrine

You’d think something as simple as posting a few pictures and coming up with a witty synopsis of our visit to the Hachimangu shrine would be easy. I’ve been slow to see it but now it is clear to me...living in a hotel room, a small, kind of smelly, hotel room, full of four people and ridiculous amounts of luggage and its contents has sucked my brain off all its powers. The concrete walls and forest green, patterned, turf carpeting are working in tandem to drive me crazy. I wake up each morning confused as to what just happened to me. I’m about three days…four…okay, probably more like five, behind in my daily goals. Oh well, you’re patient readers, right?

Our first official tour was of the ancient city of Kamakura. Kamakura was the de facto capital of Japan (at the time Kyoto was the official capital), as the seat of the Shogunate. The Shogun era dominated much of Japan’s history. If you're a history buff or just bored and have nothing better to look at, check out more history on the Shoguns.

Supposedly a picture says a thousand words…really, I’ve actually never heard a picture speak, maybe in my own head, but that doesn’t count. I’m a little off-kilter. Anyways, we’ll give it a shot.

1 comments:

Alisa said...

I thought i was going to just go crazy in that navy lodge room,... the 4 of us. It seamed like everyone else got 2 rooms, grrr! ;)
Us and our 3 & 6 yr old... omg, those were crazy times!

Do you know where/when you'll be moving?
We arrived October 3rd and moved out of the Navy Lodge 2nd week of Novemeber.

I will say... we did a lot of exploring off base and had a nice time doing it while living in the lodge.

Anyways MSG me if you need anything, we are in IKEGO. :)